I love fall, it’s one of my favorite times of the year. Crisp air, rich colors and heavenly scents. There is simply something different and unique about the season. Today I want to share one of my favorite recipes. Fire up the oven and whip up a batch of these delicious meatballs. This recipe courtesy of the Paleo Diet.
Fresh Herb Meatballs
- 1lb grounf beef
- 1lb ground pork
- 1/2onion, minced
- 1/2c fresh basil, finely minced
- 1/2c fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1c spinach, finely minced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2c almond meal
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation: 1. Preheat your over to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well with your hands to combine. You can use a food processor to reduce the basil, parsley and spinach to a finer mixture before adding it to the ground meat. Season the mixture to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Make small balls the size of a golf ball and place them an inch apart on a baking sheet, then place them in the over to cook for about 25 minutes. Serves 4.
Since there are only two of us int he house, I toss these in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer, pulling a few out for meals. They go great with pretty much everything!
Don’t forget to enter the raffle. Here is a list of the ebooks that will be given away.
- Blind Love, by Kishan Paul
- Lead Me From Temptation, by Kris Calvert
- Sliding Into Home, by Anne Lange
- Dante’s Gift, by Aubrey Wynne
- First Love, by Lena Hart
- Cheyenne Thanksgiving, by Caroline Lee
- Portrait of a Girl, by Luanna Stewart
- Too Hot To Handle, by Chanta Rand
- Hell On Heels, by J.A. Coffey
- A Christmas Wish, by Mina Khan
- Spanish Nights, by Valerie Twombly
- Curious, by Angie Daniels